Dr Saby Szajowitz DC CCSP
Email Dr Saby
Located in Carlsbad, North County San Diego, Dr Saby has been practicing chiropractic since 1993, and co-founded Del Mar Heights Chiropractic Group in 1995, and Del Mar Chiropractic Sports Group in 2002.
Dr Saby has been the official team chiropractor for the NFL San Diego Chargers from 2001 until 2007. Dr Saby has also been involved with professional surfing and has participated in many of the World Surf League/Association of Surfing Professionals surfing events. He has contributed as the team chiropractor or medical staff member for many other sports teams and events. Dr Saby has worked with the U.S. National rowing team, Gravity Games, Pro Beach Volleyball, track athletes, baseball players, tennis players, and has treated professional athletes and weekend warriors of all ages.
Dr Saby specializes in sports and recreational injuries, with a focus on correlating patient lifestyle and occupation in the development of treatment and rehabilitation programs. Chiropractic manipulation, physiotherapy, and exercise programs are utilized to enhance recovery and performance. Dr Saby uses myofascial release and stretching techniques that are helpful when manipulation may not be indicated.
To ensure that the patient gets the very best of care, a team approach is used when it comes to diagnosis and treatment. When necessary, patients are referred to medical specialists. Dr Saby provides care that helps speed the recovery and prevents recurrences.
Dr Saby is married and has two children. He enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, surfing, snowboarding, golf, and working out. Dr Saby is an avid sports fan.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, 1992
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, 1990
- Science related courses, West Coast University, 1998
- General education, Los Angeles Pierce College, 1998
Certification and Licensure
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, 1997 to Present
- CPR Certification from the American Heart Association, 1997 to present
- Diplomat of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 1993
- Chiropractic License, California, acquried October 14, 1993
- Certificate of Internship, Glendale Chiropractic Clinic, 1992
- Deans List, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, 1989 to 1992
- Certified Massage Therapist, 1987
- Team Chiropractor, San Diego Chargers– National Football League San Diego, California -- 2001 to 2007
- Team Chiropractor, Torrey Pines High School- Lacrosse Team La Jolla, California -- 2004 to 2006
- Team Chiropractor, Oakley- Surf, Skate, and Snow Team
Foothill Ranch, California -- 2000 to 2010
- Team Chiropractor, Billabong USA- Surf, Skate, and Snow Team
Irvine, California -- 2000 to 2010
- Team Chiropractor, Reef Brazil- Surf and Skate Team
San Diego, California -- 1999 to 2010
- Team Chiropractor, Quiksilver– Surf Team
Huntington Beach, California -- 1999 to 2010
- Team Chiropractor, Rip Curl USA- Surf Team
Carlsbad, California -- 1998 to 2004
- Team Chiropractor, Torrey Pines High School- Surf Team
San Diego, California -- 1997 to 1998
- Team Chiropractor, San Diego State University- Club Lacrosse Team San Diego, California -- 1997 to 1998
- Team Chiropractor, United States National Rowing Team
San Diego, California -- 1994 to 1997
- Professional Football Chiropractic Society, 2003 –present, Founding Member
- American Chiropractic Association Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness, 1997 to 2004
- California Chiropractic Association, 1993